Who we are
Hammerhead is building the operating system that will power the sport of cycling. Its revolutionary Karoo cycling computer has been taking users’ rides to the next level since 2018, and its frequent software releases continue to bring new advancements to the cycling experience. Hammerhead is a global company, with its primary office in Midtown Manhattan.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful first People Operations hire to join our team. In this role you’ll develop our people and recruiting strategy. You'll be the main point of contact to our employees and partner with leadership on building our people and recruiting infrastructure. Hammerhead is in growth mode, which means we need someone with the drive and passion to execute and who is comfortable moving from high level strategy to “in the weeds” work seamlessly.
- Create a strategy with your hiring managers to define jobs and specs and source effectively (through postings, referrals, events and LinkedIn).
- Run smooth interview processes, including coordination, that will result in a strong candidate experience.
- Actively work with stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company when recruiting for new positions.
- Develop a relationship through the interview process with candidates to be able to negotiate and close offers.
- Build and execute a recruiting marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement people strategies and solutions in areas including performance management, employee engagement and more.
- Revamp our on-boarding process to flow seamlessly from the recruiting process.
- Handle general employee relations escalations and advise outside counsel when needed.
- Create communication and roll out new employee programs and policies.
- Grow our diversity and inclusion program by developing and implementing industry best practices.
- Ensure adherence to all HR policies and any employment-related legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Maintain our employee files and accounts.
- Exhibit tact, discretion, and integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Comfortable with navigating uncertainty.
- Have previously worked with Greenhouse and JustWorks.
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask.
- 8+ years combined experience in Recruiting and People Operations.
- You can build teams and companies.
- You understand how recruiting ties into the business and ultimately how it influences its success.
- The desire to crush it.
Be on this mission to win
We are here to build the best team, and we are here to build the best product in our category. We're dedicated to mastering our craft, and we believe that being extraordinary at one thing is more valuable than being merely good at many. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class. We are fully focused on making Karoo the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Accept extreme ownership
We believe that taking ownership, focusing on the problems and solutions that we can control, regardless of how small they might be, is the most effective way to operate as individuals and as a team. We never make excuses, and we take ownership at all levels, because taking ownership leads to clear steps for action and creates a great work environment of humility.
Intuit our customers needs to produce compelling design
Building features that will delight cyclists requires you to understand the use case intuit their needs. You must have a deep sense of the sport, or be willing to immerse yourself in the sport, fully confident in your ability to rapidly learn its nuances.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, Hammerhead will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.