Hammerhead is building the operating system that will power the sport of cycling. Its revolutionary Karoo cycling computer has been taking users’ rides to the next level since 2018, and its frequent software releases continue to bring new advancements to the cycling experience. Hammerhead is a global company, with its primary office in Midtown Manhattan.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer in our NYC and Malvern, PA offices to augment our team in building out best-in-class features for our Android-based cycling computer. This position reports to the head of software and operates as a member of a cross-functional Agile development team in a mixed hardware and software environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for delivering high-quality products. The product has a heavy Android focus along with web-based/cloud components. Ideally, the candidate has experience in cycling or with components related to the product such as mapping, routing, and wireless sensor integration. If this is you, please read on!
Who we are:
Be on this mission to win
We are here to build the best team, and we are here to build the best product in our category. We're dedicated to mastering our craft, and we believe that being extraordinary at one thing is more valuable than being merely good at many. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class. We are fully focused on making Karoo the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Accept extreme ownership
We believe that taking ownership, focusing on the problems and solutions that we can control, regardless of how small they might be, is the most effective way to operate as individuals and as a team. We never make excuses, and we take ownership at all levels, because taking ownership leads to clear steps for action and creates a great work environment of humility.
As a Hammerhead Software Engineer, you will:
- Write Android system software and contribute to cloud-based components as needed.
- Work in a self-organizing team with high-ownership and become a teammate trusted to deliver outstanding results.
- Work within an Agile structure as a member of our cross-functional team while focusing on AOSP system requirements.
- Deliver qualified features incrementally in 2-week iterations.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or similar.
- Experience as a software engineer, ideally in a mixed hardware/software environment.
- Android development:
- Kotlin programming language
- Frameworks (libraries) such as Rx-java & Mobius
- Bluetooth/other RFs
- Cloud Technologies:
- Docker, Golang
- Software Operations:
- Git, GitHub - (using pull request for reviews),
- Jenkins for build and deployment automation..
- Familiar with Asana and Atlassian tools including Jira.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.