HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier one Silicon Valley VCs. We are a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. We have a community of 2.5M developers and 1,000 customers across industries, and the best part is we are just getting started. Our customers - including VMware, Twitter, Capital One, and many other Fortune 100 companies - rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams.
We've assembled an amazing team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire. We are ambitious, data-driven givers, and we love delighting customers. If you're interested in scaling HackerRank by working with some of the largest companies in the world, let’s talk.
We have approximately 100 million challenge submissions on our platform. Leverage this data, along with data from our customers, to drive towards the vision of reducing the number of in-person technical interviews. Empower hiring managers to bring in technically qualified candidates.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO…
- Be the data expert in a team innovating on data-driven features
- Build a deep knowledge of the technical assessment aspect of hiring
- Build & curate a prioritized catalog of all data opportunities in our product offering
- Guide product roadmap and strategy
- Drive well-defined data experiments; evaluate results
- Bring selected models to production; test and evaluate
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE…
- 4+ years experience as a data scientist, with successful models in production
- Experience framing data problems clearly and relating them to business needs. You are a data scientist who can relate to our product use cases and frame problems and solutions in the context of these use cases.
- Experience with a variety of modeling approaches and model evaluation techniques
- Good judgement on the types of problems that are feasible to solve and have the largest ROI
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts; in this case, recruiters and hiring managers to improve model precision
- MS Computer Science or Math
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to have a huge impact.
HackerRank is growing fast and we're having a great time working together as we build! We're a fun, friendly, passionate bunch. We’re a team of teams and we’re looking for more smiling faces to come join us! The position is full-time and based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
PERKS & BENEFITS. As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you and your dependents:
- 100% employee coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision; with 70% coverage for dependents
- Employee stock options, 401k, flexible work hours and time off, commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness classes, free lunches, snacks and endless supply of Philz Coffee
- Ping pong, scooters, foosball, and beautiful trails nearby, to name a few!