We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based in Bangalore.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRanks’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation””. You enjoy working with an amazing engineering team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire and are excited to make an impact.
What you’ll be working on:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; communicate and get stakeholder buy in; iterate and refine
- Develop a deep understanding of the personas we serve -- recruiters, hiring managers, leadership
- Deliver high quality product experiences to these personas -- in a quality conscious manner, and on a regular and predictable schedule — A passion for quality and delivering well tested and testable solutions
- Design and implement reusable web UI components
- Design and implement REST APIs using Rails
- Collaborate in a Agile environment
- Review, prepare and present design/code to colleagues
- Coordinating with extended development team and cross functional teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Total of 7+ years with experience in design and implementation of APIs.
- Strong coding, design, and architecture experience in any one programming language ecosystem (RoR, J2EE, Spring etc.,) is mandatory.
- Building, maintaining, and debugging distributed, web-based applications.
- Experience in building customer facing products is a big plus.
- Understand scalability and performance challenges. Ability to identify and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Building highly concurrent and low latency systems.
- Experience in using various components of backend stack such as cache (Redis, Memcached), RDBMS, NoSQL DB, web server (Nginx, HAProxy), app server (Tomcat, Unicorn), CDN.
- Need to have basic knowledge of web dev - HTTP headers, session management, cookies, etc.
Benefits & Perks: As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to consistently hire the best without wasting engineering cycles. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.