We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Product Design team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within India.
The Design Team at HackerRank is a tight-knit group of creatives who work closely with product management and engineering to craft amazing experiences for our users.
We are looking for a Product Designer who is user-obsessed and passionate about designing elegant experiences. You’ll work to refine HackerRank’s simplicity while applying it to new experiences that our users will love.
- Lead by example - solve problems, communicate what is being solved, and inspire the organization through the design solution
- Deliver a UX vision that can be achieved by iterative updates over time
- Build strong relationships with our leaders within the organization and our customers
You will be working on:
- Key member responsible for shaping user experience and vision for the biggest developer platform
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Gather product requirements, organize and guide regular user research sessions and interviews, frame the problem, and find solutions that address both customers and business needs
- Collaborate with peers in Design, Product Management, and Engineering to define product and design choices.
We are looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Solid visual design fundamentals and understanding of design concepts (space, typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
- A self-starter, who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
- Deep knowledge of design tools and techniques from research to delivery.
- Strong portfolio of projects, clearly demonstrating your design process and hands-on visual design that speaks to your talent as a creative thinker and problem solver
- Effective communicator, presenter, and eager to give and receive feedback.
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- You have the curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results
- You are able to phase design projects to optimize quick releases and scale design back to lower scope when needed.
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Ginger, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- COVID 19 insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 15M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.