We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Product Design team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within the United States.
The Design Team at HackerRank is a tight-knit group of creatives who work closely with product management and engineering to craft amazing experiences for our users.
We are looking for a Product Designer who is user-obsessed and passionate about designing elegant experiences. You’ll work to refine HackerRank’s simplicity while applying it to new experiences that our users will love.
You will be working on:
- Craft a consistent, unified experience for our users that’s easy to learn and simple to use
- Design flows, prototypes, interfaces, and high-fidelity visuals for our existing core web application along with new product features and improvements
- Gather product requirements, organize and lead regular user research sessions and interviews, frame the problem, and find solutions that address both customers and business needs
- Collaborate with peers in Design, Product Management, and Engineering to define product and design decisions
- Help build, circulate, and maintain the design system
- Mentor team members with your knowledge and expertise
We are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Deep knowledge of design tools and techniques from research to delivery.
- Solid visual design foundation understanding of design principles (space, typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
- Strong portfolio of projects, clearly demonstrating your design process and hands-on visual design that speaks to your talent as a creative thinker and problem solver
- Effective communicator, presenter, and eager to give and receive feedback
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- You have curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results
- You are able to phase design projects to optimize quick releases and scale design back to lower scope when needed
- You are willing to work across geographies - your team will include people located in both India and the US
Nice to have:
- Startup experience
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, and cell phone stipend
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.