We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Finance team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within the United States.
As an Accountant for Revenue, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact and enjoy accounting with a focus on the Order to Cash (OTC) cycle and associated transaction processing. The position will report to the Accounting Manager.
You will be working on:
- Monitor bank accounts activity and reflect it in NetSuite; prepare bank and other BS reconciliations, such as AR, deferred revenue, sales tax, etc.
- Process sales orders and opportunities in Salesforce and Netsuite; review and understand contracts and specific billing requirements to ensure proper revenue recognition following company policy and applicable accounting standards (ASC 606) in a SaaS environment.
- Process billing transactions for all customers in the US and UK.
- Interface with outside agencies in the company's billing and collection efforts; periodically review customer payment status and seek approval for write-offs of bad debt.
- Key contributor in the revenue close process; prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses and related journal entries.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors; prepare lead/supporting schedules and other audit work papers as necessary.
We are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate accounting or finance
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a similar field
- Experience using NetSuite, Stripe, Avalara, Salesforce, banking platforms, etc.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
Nice to have:
- Experience in SaaS (B2B) industry
- Experience in a multinational company
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.