We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is Full-Time and based in Indianapolis, Indiana or Remote within the United States.
As a Back End Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact and enjoy building robust, scalable backend enterprise solutions, thinking creatively, passionate about solving problems, building something users would love.
You will be working on:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications with stakeholder and make refinements accordingly
- Develop a deep understanding of HackerRank customers who are recruiters, hiring managers, and leadership
- Deliver a high quality product experiences and on a regular basis
- A passion for quality and delivering well tested solutions
- You will be designing and implementing REST APIs
- Collaborate in an Agile development environment
- Design and present code to review with colleagues
- Work with the extended development team and cross-functional teams.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of backend development
- Built RESTful backend infrastructure and API services using Ruby on Rails
- Experience using databases like MySQL
- You understand and have built CI/CD, NGINX, Docker, Kubernetes, CLI
- Familiarity with AWS and front-end development tools like Webpack, Babel, NPM, Git, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AJAX and JSON
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.