We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based in Bengaluru.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact over millions of fellow developers and enjoy building products with a large scale. We’re responsible for building the world’s leading technical interview platform. We believe in “Extreme ownership” and you’ll have immense ownership both in terms of product and engineering. Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. You will be responsible for the developer and interviewer experience across both our CodeScreen and CodePair products. As part of this, you will need to build a platform to provide world-class developer experience (Coding editor, Linting, Autocomplete, Debugging, Ability to run code easily, etc) on the cloud at scale. We periodically conduct hiring events across the entire country and you will be responsible to scale our platform to support that.
You will be working on:
- As a software engineer, you will be expected to execute and deliver even large and complex projects end-to-end, with or without the involvement of other team members.
- Be the go-to person for the team for guidance and troubleshooting.
- Proactively participate in code reviews and architecture and design discussions.
- Ensuring timely delivery of all product deliverables.
- Mentoring junior engineers and setting best practices for coding, code reviews, etc.
- Ensuring performance and scalability in all new product features being developed.
We are looking for:
- Overall 2+ equivalent year experience in frontend development
- Expertise in ReactJS
- Experience with frontend toolings like webpack, babel, etc
- Understanding of core UI/UX concepts
- Hands on experience in frontend debugging and testing
- Understanding of frontend security
Nice to have:
- Exposure to other frontend frameworks besides ReactJS
- Understanding of backend API’s and technologies
- Exposure to typescript is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough. We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Special Corona insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on health, telephone, internet, and more
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,400+ companies across industries and 11M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!