Working hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm to 12 midnight, IST.
We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Finance team. This position is full-time and based in Bengaluru.
As a AP & AR Accountant, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank's mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact and thrive in a fast-paced environment without compromising on the quality and paying attention to details and data accuracy.
The Accounts Receivable/Payable accountant is required to maintain a high level of clerical accuracy, including: purchase order and invoice processing, bank reconciliations, billing, processing credit card transactions, etc. and to respond to ad hoc requests related to P2P and OTC cycles. This position reports to the Controller, US with a dotted line to the Director of Finance in India.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India, and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to our office location, after the office operations resume when Covid-19 pandemic is over. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm to 12 midnight, with a 1-hour meal break.
Please note, we are currently working remotely as a response to Covid-19.
You will be working on:
- Process purchase orders and vendor invoices related to the US parent, UK subsidiary in Airbase and NetSuite; maintain vendor-related records, including contracts and purchase orders;
- Prepare AP runs on a bi-weekly basis;
- Monitor operating expenses against budget, prepare period-over-period, budget-to-actual OPEX analysis; participate in process improvement around OPEX budget control & cash control;
- Monitor bank accounts activity and reflect it in NetSuite; prepare bank and other BS reconciliations, such as AR, AP, accrued expenses, sales tax payable, etc.;
- Prepare and review various revenue reports such as month-end deferred revenue reconciliations and other revenue reports as requested by management;
- Process sales opportunities in Salesforce and sales orders in Netsuite; review and understand contracts and specific billing requirements; process billing transactions for all customers in the US and UK; review of revenue recognition plans with a continuous effort to ensure accuracy of revenue-related data in NetSuite;
- Assist with the Company’s ASC 606 project;
- Interface with outside agencies in the billing and collection efforts of the company;
- Process invoicing for credit card transactions;
- Periodically review customer payment status and seek approval for the write-offs of bad debt;
- Prepare expense accruals and bad debt provisions.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field;
- Accounting: 3-5 years (Required);
- English fluent proficiency is a must; excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly;
- Experience using NetSuite, Airbase, Stripe, Avalara, Salesforce and any banking platforms;
- Strong Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications: advanced Excel, Power Point, etc.;
- Strong, self-motivated team player; proactive to jump in the new work areas; assertive, able to cope with pressure, comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment;
- Able to work during late afternoon and evening hours in IST to allow for a maximum collaboration time with the US accounting team.
Nice to have: (optional)
- Chartered Accountant is preferred;
- Experience in SaaS (B2B) industry is preferred;
- Previous experience working in a multinational company is preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!