HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier one Silicon Valley VCs. We are a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate technical skills, better. We’re driving a new paradigm shift by eliminating resumes and creating opportunities for hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. We have a community of 5M+ developers and 1,000+ customers across industries, and the best part is we are just getting started. Our customers - including VMware, Twitter, Capital One and many other Fortune 100 companies - rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams.
We've assembled an amazing team that’s passionate about creating more opportunities for people by changing the way companies hire. We are ambitious, data-driven givers, and we love delighting customers. If you're interested in scaling HackerRank by working with some of the largest companies in the world, let’s talk.
HackerRank is growing its Data Science capabilities in Bangalore. As a Data Scientist, you will build data products that augment our product offerings. In addition to our community and customers, we have approximately 100 million challenge submissions on our platform. You will be leveraging this data to help us understand our developers better and how we can use this knowledge to help match them to the jobs that are a good fit for them. This position offers great opportunities for impact and growth as you will be part of the building this team from the early days.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO…
- Understand developers: use our data on their interactions with our platform, cluster them, categorize them, match them to jobs they would be a good fit for
- Interpret data, analyze results, identify patterns and trends using statistical techniques
- Evangelize data best practices as they relate to experimentation, forecasting, and analytics
- Communicate results back to the relevant members of the business through reports and dashboards
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Empowering and guiding others to work effectively and efficiently with data are part of your role
- Work towards creating a data-informed culture
WHAT YOU’VE ALREADY DONE…
- Degree in Computer Science / Statistics/Operations Research / Mathematics or related fields
- Bachelor degree with 3+ years of work experience or a Masters/PhD degree with 1+ years of work experience as a Data Analyst/Product Analyst/Statistician/Data Scientist/ML engineer/Applied Scientist
- You are obsessed with data: You love understanding data, cleaning it, transforming it, merging it with third-party data, making it provide knowledge and insights
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, forecasting, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- You are a self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work. You have shown impact in your prior jobs
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others. You have shown that you help in decision-making
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use the available evidence to make decisions. You have shown that you can influence leadership with data
- You work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly
- Strong background in areas such as statistics, math, computer science and other quantitative fields
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to have a huge impact.
HackerRank is growing fast and we're having a great time working together as we build! We're a fun, friendly, passionate bunch. We’re a team of teams and we’re looking for more smiling faces to come join us! The position is full-time and based in the heart of Bangalore.
PERKS & BENEFITS. “As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough!”
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you and your dependents:
- Insurance to all Employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with insurance to their dependents(medical).
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours and time off.
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, telephone, internet etc.
- Our pantry is stocked with healthy snacks, fruits, Coffee and free catered lunch every day.
- Ping pong, hoverboard, foosball, PS4 and many office celebrations like Mafia games, outings, movie evenings to name a few!