We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our customer success team. This position is full-time and based in Mountain View.
As a Support Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRanks’s mission to “Match Every Developer to the Right Job”. You enjoy working closely with our customers and ensure a fast and accurate response. You will use your technical expertise to diagnose and resolve complex customer issues and are excited to make an impact.
What you’ll be working on:
- Helping answer technical queries by recruiters, engineering hiring managers, and developers.
- For eg: how do you ensure that a Python code is given the same CPU resources as a C++ code to ensure fairness in evaluation since Python is a slower (interpreted) language than C++ (compiled)?
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- System admin tasks: provisioning users, collecting data, some DevOps-type activities
What we’re looking for:
- A seasoned Hacker with 2+ years of development and/or technical experience
- Strong CS fundamentals with working knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Great communication skills and the ability to provide the best customer service for our customers
- Ability to articulate an idea or a thought in a way that the audience will understand
- Attained a technical degree or experience with development and/or technical project work or internship experience
Benefits & Perks: As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. We have a community of 6M+ developers who trust HackerRank as their go-to spot for learning new languages, practicing for interviews, and participating in hackathons. 1,500+ customers such as LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.