GYST is a modern assistant service providing experienced, skilled and savvy personal and executive assistants to HNW and UHNW individuals, families and entrepreneurs in NYC. We set our clients free to focus on what matters most. GYST offers accomplished assistants the unique opportunity to be part of a new model which allows assistants to work with a handful of influential, inspirational and prominent clients on an ongoing basis to make up a flexible, 20+ hour work week.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The General Manager is responsible for the successful day to day operations of the organization, including overseeing staff, budgets and metrics aligned to strategic business objectives. In this role you will report directly to the CEO and partner closely with our financial Controller. You will be fundamentally responsible for making sound, data based, objective decisions in the best interest of the company. Through time, the individual in this role will have the opportunity to influence the strategy of the business and long term growth objectives.
We are looking for a long term partner who is able to operate independently, has an ownership mentality, and is patient and persistent in the face of challenges. The right person for this role will love order, thrive on keeping a well oiled machine humming and enjoy holding responsibilities across a broad spectrum of content areas. A successful applicant enjoys connecting with people, including well known or influential individuals and the affluent, and does so easily and readily.
- Operates the day to day business, maintaining predictable revenue and returns
- Follows established processes and procedures, documents changes and makes improvements where necessary
- Maintain budgets and optimizes expenses
- Prepares routine metrics reports and suggests actions based on findings
- Proactively creates solutions to any of-the-moment problems as they arise
- Grows and manages the sales pipeline, including strategy and execution of business development and marketing initiatives
- Builds genuine, communicative, trusting relationships with Clients and serves as primary point of contact at company level for any issues that may arise
- Sustains the Client base, including running Client experience initiatives, gifting, surveys and similar
- Hires to meet demand and maintains active recruiting relationships
- Manages the GYST Assistant team
- Runs Assistant team operations including community events, out of office coverage, off-boarding, payroll/expenses and similar
- Positive outlook
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resourceful, solutions oriented
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Logical, common sense in spades
- Organized and reliable
- Internally motivated and self disciplined
- Proven experience as a General Manager or in a similar role
- Knowledge of business process and functions (sales, marketing, talent, client service, operations)
- Experience leading a team, preferably a remote or distributed team
- Customer service experience or sensibility
- Experience working with affluent clientele
- Knowledge of NYC and New York lifestyle
- Tech savvy, familiar with Google Business, Slack, Pipedrive, Trello
Salary is DOE, 401k match, PTO, health benefits.