Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer to our Enjoyment team in Portugal (Remote)!
The Enjoyment team is responsible for the check-in and booking end-user journeys, and is part of CODE focus area. Our main goal in CODE is to make wellbeing universal. From knowing about Gympass, getting access to exclusive benefits, to using our vast partner's network, it is in the end-user experience. CODE is an acronym for Consumer Digital Experience, which means we're in charge of the experience and services that will guide people into their wellbeing journey.
- Help to define the architecture of systems and integrations, bring innovation to the table, and make sure design docs are up to date;
- Ensure successful deliveries, and promote the long-term technical health of our journeys;
- Ensure a high bar on code quality standards, making sure devs are proud of their work;
- Spread development best practices such as code reviews, pair programming, DDD, etc.;
- Build reusable code for future use;
- Take part in incident resolution and troubleshooting in the production;
- Follow-up engineering and product KPIs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience;
- Strong experience with one or more JVM-based programming language (e.g. Java, Kotlin, Scala etc.);
- Experience with microservices and high-volume distributed systems;
- Strong experience with HTTP/REST API design and development;
- Experience with asynchronous and messaging concepts and tools (e.g. RabbitMQ, SNS/SQS, Kafka etc.);
- Knowledge of distributed architectural concepts and design patterns;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills;
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English and Portuguese.
The following would be considered a plus:
- Experience with Kotlin;
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design at strategic and tactical levels;
- Experience with architectural redesign and migration;
- Experience with NestJS or other Node.js-based frameworks;
- Experience with AWS or another public cloud provider (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud etc.).
We recognize that individuals approach job applications differently. We strongly encourage all aspiring applicants to go for it, even if they don't match the job description 100%. We welcome your application and will be delighted to explore if you could be a great fit for our team. For this specific role, please note that prior experience in JVM-based programming languages and microservices are mandatory requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
+ Our offices are in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the UK. You can work from any office or remotely based in any of these countries.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.