Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring an Android Software Engineer to our Trainiac team in Portugal!
The Trainiac team provides Online Personal Training experiences to Gympass users. Each Trainiac user is paired with a professional personal trainer, who will deliver expert guidance, personalized workouts, and accountability through the Trainiac apps and services to help the user achieve their fitness and wellness goals.
- Build reusable, efficient, and innovative user experiences, with clean and readable code;
- Responsible for design, development, delivery and support of Android applications;
- Work with other engineers within the team and across teams to deliver our technical roadmap;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our applications;
- Follow team-wide architecture and design process, and take initiatives on complex technical problems;
- Build integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Be mindful of and follow project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Contribute to the entire product development process and brain-storm different ideas.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong experience of designing and developing complex modern mobile applications;
- Solid experience building applications for the Android platform using Java/Kotlin with the Android SDK and other frameworks;
- Customer-focused with strong attention to detail in delivering high value polished experiences;
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis;
- Experience in a cross platform language, such as React Native, Flutter;
- Experience applying SOLID design principles and CLEAN architecture;
- Eagerness to learn new technologies;
- Advanced or fluent level of English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
+ Our offices are in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the UK. You can work from any office or remotely based in any of these countries.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.