Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Staff Backend Software Engineer for our Billing team in Portugal!
The Billing team is responsible for the platform that serves the entire Gympass business, processing millions of transactions for users and companies around the globe. We work closely with cross functional teams.
We are creating a new architecture and set of systems that will guarantee consistency across multiple areas and services.
- You will research, architect, plan and execute strategic projects along with an A-Players software engineering team;
- Influence B2B and B2C checkout conversion around the globe, by both creating new payment mechanisms and improving/maintaining existing ones;
- You will work on loosely defined project scopes;
- You will ellaborate strategies to deliver solutions balancing feature and time to market, pairing with Product Managers, Product Designers and a cross-functional team;
- You will have the opportunity to evolve leadership skills, nurturing and coaching less senior engineers to speed up their learning curve and reach their full potential;
- You will also have opportunities to develop engineering skills by solving scalability problems, designing system architecture, ensuring high code quality, among others.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience with microservices and high volume distributed systems;
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs written in Java/Kotlin + Spring;
- Solid Software Architecture knowledge;
- Experience with Event driven architectures;
- Experience with serverless computing;
- Solid Software quality and test automation mindset;
- Cloud computing (AWS) and Cloud Native (K8s) experience;
- Experience in technically leading a software engineering team;
- Experience with SQL technology such as PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- You are bold and innovative;
- You are able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources , digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
+ Our offices are in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the UK. You can work from any office or remotely based in any of these countries.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.