Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Identity team, which is part of our GPS - Gympass Platform Services area, in Portugal!
At the Migration - Identity team, we are responsible for building core functionalities for the entire Gympass, from user authentication, authorization and account management to platform services like notifications and localization systems.
Our team is committed to build and evolve essential core systems for the many other areas of Gympass to use, developing tools and features, in order to provide sophisticated services, allowing several teams to make use of it and provide the best experience to Gympass' users and partners.
- Participate in the development of core services of the Gympass ecosystem, seeking to build long-term, efficient and sustainable solutions;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Build Integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- An engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experienced in architecting multi-tier web applications;
- Experience in designing and developing modern web applications;
- Experienced in developing RESTful web services collaborating with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads and follow the HTTP best practices;
- Experienced in applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experienced in working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls;
- With some experience and fundamentals in distributed systems, with parallelism, concurrency and asynchronous transactions, involving HTTP and messaging systems, like Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc. gRPC will be considered a plus;
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.). Golang will be considered a plus;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.