Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer for our BASE Focus Area (Tagus team) in Brazil or Portugal!
At the Tagus team, we build the heart of the Gympass business model. Our mission is to help Gympass build a truly scalable platform to support dozens of millions of active users, clients, and partners around the world with high availability while being flexible and extensible to incorporate new business models.
We have many important challenges such as building a system that gives us the flexibility to have different commercial conditions for different users in different contexts. Also, we are responsible for some critical and important flows within our business model, such as clients' and users' subscriptions as well as providing data to the ecosystem as the source of truth of these entities.
When it comes to technical challenges, our team works to provide highly scalable solutions, handling large volumes of data and focusing on high availability. Considering our services central role, you’re going to have the opportunity to help drive architecture decisions that impact our whole microservices ecosystem and you will have opportunities to develop both leadership and technical skills, depending on your career aspirations and abilities.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Build Integration among services and tools;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the company's overall engineering strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- An engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Expertise in architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications;
- Experienced in designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Ability to work with Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Experienced in developing RESTful web services collaborating with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads and follow the HTTP best practices;
- Experienced in applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experienced in working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls;
- Proficient in one or more programming languages: Kotlin / Go / Ruby (the team uses Golang today as the main programming language);
- Communication skills to work with multidisciplinary teams located in several countries with different cultures;
- An engineer with intermediate or advanced proficiency in English;
- Somebody eager to guide junior engineers helping them to grow and develop their skills.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.