Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Tech Lead for the Payout team in Brazil!
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible for overseeing a team of software engineers in the Payout squad ensuring the pace and quality of its technical deliveries. You must be seen as a technical reference by your team and should expect to code some key features, perform pull requests reviews, and actively take part in all the architectural decisions of the squad. It is also expected to create a RFC to share the architecture of a new system/integration. If there is an outage in the production environment you should run a post-mortem with the team leading the actions point to avoid the same problem.
You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager in order to evaluate the feasibility of tasks, choose the best strategy for assigning and splitting user stories and prioritize engineering issues and technical debts. You need to make sure that agile ceremonies are running effectively and watch out for any process bottlenecks.
It is also expected for you to have a sharp strategic mindset questioning the product team and stakeholders about the scope and timing of features balancing the complexity and the cost of opportunity of deliveries while fostering a culture of innovation in your team.
In addition, you're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating, and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, recognized, engaged, and that they keep improving their technical skills over time. You should assess their performance regularly and draw the best plan for their career.
In short, you are accountable for what the squad delivers in both quality and quantity aspects.
The squad outcome is your outcome.
- Define overall architecture of systems, in collaboration with the team, making sure design docs are up to date.
- Develop the most complex parts of the system/architecture collaboratively with the team (expected more than 50% of the time coding/design system)
- Account for systems reliability, scalability, SLA and SLO.
- Manage technical debts and engineering backlog.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability.
- Ensure a high bar on code quality standards, making sure engineers are proud of their work.
- Take part in incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
- Spread development best practices such as code reviews, pair programming, TDD, etc
- Manage an engineering squad performing activities such as conducting one on ones, generating individual development plans, motivating and coaching team members.
- Work together with the Product Manager to define the future of the payout system. This system is responsible for paying dozens of thousands of partners in more than 10 different countries.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You are a very technical professional with a passion for software and product development.
- Solid experience with at least two programming languages such as Kotlin, Java or Go.
- You are accountable for your decisions and possess a high level of ownership over the products you are delivering. You feel frustrated when things go wrong and take proactive actions to prevent the next failure to happen.
- You are a data driven person, who asks for data to support product decisions before blindly implementing things. You try to simplify the scope of what you are developing constantly.
- You are eager to learn and to share knowledge.
- You continuously improve your toolset of technical, business and communication skills in order to provide more and more impact to the company.
- Well founded experience in managing or technically leading a software engineering team ideally in a squad related to financial activities (Billing, Payment, Digital Bank, Loans, etc).
- Outstanding experience working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls.
- Great knowledge dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA , ActiveMQ, etc and a in depth understanding of their use cases and pitfalls
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Design Patterns distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.