GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Frontend/Mobile Engineer to our CODE team in Brazil/Portugal!
Our main goal in CODE is to make wellbeing universal. From knowing about Gympass, getting access to exclusive benefits, to using our vast partner's network, it is in the end-user experience. CODE is an acronym for Consumer Digital Experience, which means we're in charge of the experience and services that will guide people into their wellbeing journey.
- Help to define the architecture of systems and integrations, bring innovation to the table, and make sure design docs are up to date
- Ensure successful deliveries, and promote the long-term technical health of our journeys
- Ensure a high bar on code quality standards, making sure devs are proud of their work
- Spread development best practices such as code reviews, pair programming, TDD, etc
- Build reusable code for future use
- Take part in incident resolution and troubleshooting in the production
- Follow-up engineering and product KPIs
WHO YOU ARE
- Consolidated experience in web/mobile development
- Experience with ReactJS/React Native ecosystem
- Experience with GraphQL (Client-side and Server-side)
- Experience with monitoring, observability, and KPIs tracking
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and in practices and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing, and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production
- Proficient in a broad range of common UX patterns
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Experience with microservices and high-volume distributed systems
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English and Portuguese
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience
The following would be considered a plus:
- Experience with Firebase ecosystem (Custom events, remote configs, Crashlytics)
- Experience with micro-frontends
- Experience with other component-driven libraries/frameworks and Hybrid Native approach
- Experience with Design System
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with System Integrations
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in our Tech Stack in general
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (Latam)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (EU)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
Gympass discount: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
Flexible work: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
Paid time off: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
Parental leave: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
Career growth: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
Culture: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.