GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Director of Software Engineering to join our Data Delivery area in Portugal!
At Gympass, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
Our Data Delivery area is responsible for Gympass’ data strategy - determining what data we collect, how it’s collected, processed, leveraged, and is shared with the ecosystem. This team builds systems that process data at various use-case specific latencies and serve data for recommendations and search, product, strategic and advanced analytics. Moreover, the area also supports our Global Analytics teams that manage business growth and C-Level analytics.
As the Director of Engineering for Data Platform Delivery, you will create the path for these areas and partner with different squads across Gympass, while managing a team of software engineers/ analytics engineers, ongoing chartering of technical strategy. You will also have the opportunity to publish technical papers, establish and create cross-areas relationships worldwide.
- Be responsible for Gympass’ Data Serving, Data Production, Access Control, among others;
- Manage and provide technical direction and strategy to a team of software engineers;
- Partner across Gympass' Data teams across Gympass, and with the broader industry;
- Build the forward-looking strategy that provides the Data Platform, while managing innovation and resources.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent professional experience;
- Highly consolidated experience in engineering, including experience with technical innovation and leading engineering teams;
- Experience with systems development in enterprise or consumer technology businesses;
- Experience working across partner engineering teams;
- Design and execution of data architectures and pipelines;
- Thorough microservices knowledge;
- Strong experience on building interfaces for data products (e.g. APIs);
- Strong experienced with data integration;
- Deep knowledge on Data Lake architecture, file formats and modeling;
- Solid understanding of Data storages, relational and NoSQL databases;
- Solid understanding of Hadoop and Spark ecosystem;
- Consolidated experience with Data streams ingestion and processing;
- Consolidated experience with Data infrastructure and Machine Learning operations;
- Acumen to understand of how people interact with data tools to drive the platform evolution;
- Ability to understand technical details of problems and address complex, ambiguous engineering topics;
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams to build software supporting user and partner teams’ most critical needs;
- Ability to take initiative and drive execution;
- Interest in setting technical strategy and ensuring high-quality execution.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health and dental insurance.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.