GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Director of Engineering to our Partners team in Sao Paulo.
At Gympass, a Director of Software Engineeringis responsible for managing multiple high-performance teams, overseeing development initiatives and architectural designs, guiding project vision, hiring and developing engineering talents. This professional works closely with stakeholders to ensure the project’s deliveries are aligned with the company’s broad vision. This is a leader who thinks strategically and has a long-range goal in mind - which is to be the main global partner of all fitness and wellness providers, bringing new customers.
This person must have a perfect balance between soft and hard skills, so it is possible to manage, coach, and mentor team members with mastery and at the same time make sure the development process follows all Gympass engineer’s standards and the platform’s roadmap.
They work closely with product managers, engineering leaders, and leadership across the company to develop a roadmap and feature set to deliver the best possible customer experience. Moreover, this person will develop a deep knowledge of the Gympass business model, technology stack, and architecture.
- Manage, coach, and mentor multiples multidisciplinary teams of software engineers;
- Serve as the key liaison between the US, Portugal, and Brazil technical development hubs, building out strong working relationships on an international level.
- Translate engineering realities into simple terms for non-technical stakeholders;
- Design robust and scalable solutions to address complex technical and business requirements;
- Ensure that the new ecosystem that will support the Gympass business model for the next years is aligned with the Gympass Global Vision established by C-level executives in the US;
- Own the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, leading implementation, testing and monitoring new features within an Agile environment.
- Own communicating business strategy and how that translates to technical strategy within the engineering organization;
- Responsible for driving overall technical architecture;
- Own translating and communicating technical strategy as it relates to executing against business objectives as part of the senior leadership team;
- Determine hiring needs to execute against the product roadmap and scale the engineering team, driving a recruiting strategy from their personal network, the team's network, onboarding, and the recruiting team;
- Accountable for the system’s design and integrations
- Develop software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and development.
- Capacity Management. Offer performance and capacity planning support of hardware and operating systems.
- Sharing expertise and insight with other engineers
- Motivating staff and fostering collaboration
- Work alongside the platform engineering team to scale the usage of platform assets and provide technical feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years experience managing multidisciplinary teams of software engineers - focusing on technical excellence, career path, mentoring/coaching, 1:1s, performance cycles. Experience in team performance management, measurement, and improvement.
- 7+ years of experience working with modern agile product development teams of engineers, product managers, and designers.
- 5+ years of experience designing robust and scalable solutions using modern programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, or Go.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, or DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- 3+ years of Experience dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA, ActiveMQ, etc, and an in-depth understanding of their use cases and pitfalls
- Previous experience leading the implementation of software engineering kpis monitors/dashboard.
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Design Patterns distributed systems, and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment.
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing, and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production.
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and project management skills.
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + extra day off on the month of your birthday + 1 day off for each anniversary of the year worked.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.