GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to our New Ventures team in Portugal!
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our services;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and stability;
- Build Integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Bring expertise in architecture and design process;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Meet with the business and product team to review the design of the product;
- Drive the development of applications that deliver a best-in-class user experience;
- Partner with product and design to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences that will delight customers and set a high bar for all web applications;
- Create new services/products and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- A team player and collaborative with your peers in order to achieve big goals;
- Know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web and back-end application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, microservices, etc.);
- Work in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action;
- Work on a team driven by data, take care of data from conception until analysis of results.
- Build scalable, maintainable architectures, and write clean and readable code;
- Solid experience designing and developing complex modern services applications;
- Experienced with the end-to-end process;
- Experienced applying object-oriented or functional design and RESTful web services;
- Experienced applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experienced with at least one programming language such as Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, NodeJS or Go;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB;
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns;
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets;
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers;
- Experience as Full Stack would be a plus;
- Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU (EU)
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health and dental insurance.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.