GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
Our mission is to accelerate the pace of innovation with a digital health data platform that connects to every health data source including EHR networks, wearable devices, and fitness apps. Giving a simple way to access and share health data across the Gympass ecosystem building new digital services and products
- Developing a vision for Connected Health platform
- Drive architecture decisions that impact our whole Data privacy product development interactions
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You are a very technical professional with a passion for software and product development;
- You are accountable for your decisions and possess a high level of ownership over the products you are delivering. You feel frustrated when things go wrong and take proactive actions to prevent the next failure to happen;
- You are a data driven person, who asks for data to support product decisions before blindly implementing things, you try to simplify the scope of what you are developing constantly.
- You are bold and innovative;
- Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls;
- Past experience dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA , ActiveMQ, etc and a in depth understanding of their use cases and pitfall;
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Design Patterns distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment;
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and in practices and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production;
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving;
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + extra day off on the month of your birthday + 1 day off for each anniversary of the year worked.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.