GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are looking for an Android Software Engineer to join our Technology and Product Team in Brazil!
- Build reusable, efficient, and innovative user experiences, with clean and readable code;
- Responsible for design, development, delivery and support of Android applications;
- Work with other engineers within the team and across teams to define our technical roadmap;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our applications;
- Bring expertise in architecture and design process, dive into the most complex technical problems;
- Build integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Contribute to the entire product development process and brain-storm different ideas.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong experience of designing and developing complex modern mobile applications;
- Solid experience building applications for the Android platform using Java/Kotlin with the Android SDK and other frameworks;
- Customer-focused with strong attention to detail in delivering high value polished experiences;
- Experience in a cross platform language, such as React Native, Flutter.
- Experience applying object-oriented or functional design and RESTful web services;
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis;
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments;
- Experience with SQL technology such as MySQL;
- Experience with NoSQL technology such as MongoDB or DynamoDB;
- Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence a plus;
- Advanced or fluent level of English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + extra day off on the month of your birthday + 1 day off for each anniversary of the year worked.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE WORK: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.