GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a mid level Frontend Engineer to join our DOTS (Digital Operation Technology Systems) Team in Brazil.
At DOTS, we are developing scalable solutions that make Gympassers more productive, assuring user-friendly, data-driven, and confident products, for efficient and measurable work of the business areas.
We divide DOTS PD team internally in 5 Product Domains responsible for changing the company vision into an experience centric one using different approaches.
You will help us to build products in one of these domains, named by us Transactional Platforms. This team is responsible for planning, building and maintaining products that help gympassers on Customer Experience, Customer Success, Finance and Operations teams to help our customers better and faster.
- Familiar with stacks like React with Typescript, HTML5 and CSS on frontend and Node.js with Typescript on backend;
- Able to develop and deploy project level solutions with minimum supervision;
- Know how to deal with interruptions and set a clear goal for the project and task at hand;
- Write code focused on maintenance, deleting them when necessary, also;
- Know how to keep things simple without unnecessary complexity;
- Understand how your code plugs into the ecosystem;
- Consistently follow best practices and able to stand up for technical decisions in code review and design feedbacks;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all pieces and bits of the projects you are part of;
- Able to detect requirements problems and proactively seek for solution with the tech lead and product manager;
- Able to navigate on legacy code;
- Identify and give visibility to technical debts;
- Effectively and consistently solve bugs and debug in your expertise area using application logs and data;
- Own project deliverables inside an application or service;
- Know in depth business rules and architecture of few modules that work with;
- Write effective and comprehensive design documents, predicting failure cases;
- Provide useful and relevant feedback on code and design reviews - always on time;
- Communicate technical decisions through design documents, RFCs and meetings;
- Able to adapt messages to distinct audiences with different technical backgrounds, providing the right context;
- Actively suggest more effective alternatives to meet goals such as reprioritizing and decreasing scope;
- Know how to search and generate logs, analysis and data to support technical decisions;
- Help on hiring new talents by interviewing, providing referrals and onboarding (you were a buddy more than once);
- Consistently consider and analyze different approaches and trade offs to solve problems by having the right balance between risk and ambition;
WHO YOU ARE
- You are able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English;
- You show empathy and respect in every sentence you speak;
- You prefer to work in a happy and funny environment and help your colleagues when things goes unexpected;
- You can balance very well your responsibilities and your well being
- You use your powers (benefits, access, capabilities and skills) wisely
- You help your team to collaborate within and with other teams
- You seek to have the highest quality in your products, considering user experience as well as systems' cost, maintainability, availability and resilience
- You value facts and data when you make decisions
- You have passion for product development;
- You have experience designing and developing complex modern services applications;
- You have experience working with modern agile product development teams;
- Experience in developing APIs RESTful web services collaborating with other teams;
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, async programming and complexity analysis;
- Proficient in automated testing;
- Strong communication skills, including async communication ones;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.