GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer to our New Ventures team!
New Ventures' area goal is to support Gympass in pursuing new and viable solutions to unlock substantial growth. We work to expand our offer and the Wellbeing market share that we can achieve as a company.
The Gympass New Ventures area works in a Lab format: the startup within the startup. It is a very dynamic area where products go from vision to MVP in a few months. We look for people with a taste for entrepreneurship and the initial stages of the product cycle (iterate, iterate, iterate).
We are looking for a team member to help us build our Data Engineering foundations, aligning them with the cutting edge industry practices and adopting new technologies while finding new and creating ways to leverage existing platforms. You will be able to lead large scale data projects while interacting with different teams inside and outside the organization, mentoring engineers and leading architecture decisions.
We are responsible to empower the development teams by providing a scalable and reliable infrastructure to collect, organize and process the deluge of data generated daily on our projects at New Ventures with proper Data Governance in place. Our infrastructure is completely in the cloud, running Kubernetes, Kafka and more cutting edge projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have designed and maintained large scale pipelines (really, we have a deluge of data)
- You have led impactful and high-scale data projects.
- You understand how cloud providers works, costs involved and latency
- You understand data quality issues, how to troubleshoot them and how to automate data quality processes
- At your last companies you were responsible for introducing technologies that made people empowered with data
- You are comfortable understanding machine learning and big data concepts to ingest, process and make data available for data scientists and product teams
- You are motivated on building tools to democratize data consumption
- You like studying and learning about new technologies on the data ecosystem, as well as keeping up to date on technologies you already know
- You like to teach data-related subjects to people with less experience, fostering their development in the data career
- You are really motivated to contribute to a real data-driven culture and see the impact of your work reflected company wide
- You are used to collaborating with cross-company teams in order to achieve bigger goals together.
- Proficient in Python, Java, Go or a similar language (at least one of)
- Design and execution of data architectures and pipelines
- Thorough microservices knowledge
- Scheduling tools and workflow management (e.g. Airflow, Dataflow)
- Strong experience on building interfaces for data products (e.g. APIs)
- Strong experienced with data integration
- Deep knowledge on Datalakes architecture, file formats and modeling
- Data storages, relational and NoSQL databases
- Hadoop and Spark ecosystem
- Data streams ingestion and processing
- Data infrastructure and Machine Learning Operations
- Understands how people interact with data tools to drive the platform evolution
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.