GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Tech Lead for our New Ventures area, to join our Technology and Product team in Brazil!
New Ventures' area goal is to support Gympass in pursuing new and viable solutions to unlock substantial growth. We work to expand our offer and the Wellbeing market share that we can achieve as a company.
The Gympass New Ventures area works in a Lab format: the startup within the startup. It is a very dynamic area where products go from vision to MVP in a few months. We look for people with a taste for entrepreneurship and the initial stages of the product cycle (iterate, iterate, iterate).
As a Tech Lead, you will be expected to:
- Not be afraid of getting your hands dirty. You are a very technical professional with a passion for software and product development;
- Be seen as a technical reference by your team and should expect to actively take part in all the architectural decisions of the squad;
- Collaborate closely with other teams and stakeholders in order to evaluate feasibility of tasks, choose the best strategy on assigning and splitting user stories and prioritize engineering issues and technical debts;
- Have a sharp strategic mindset questioning the product manager about the scope and timing of features balancing the complexity and the cost of opportunity of deliveries;
- Adapt your approach to the circumstances, be flexible, negotiate and reach agreements in order to best suit the product, user and team needs;
- Be able to break a large feature into smaller meaning deliverables. This is part of the job;
- Perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, engaged, and improving their skills.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability;
- Bring expertise in architecture and design processes, dive into the most complex technical problems;
- Create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our new business grows;
- Work in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action;
- Design the overall technical architecture of the product with the help of the team;
- Be responsible for the technical design of the product;
- Be hands-on and engage in coding to develop solutions and solve all surfacing problems;
- Be able to make quick and smart decisions that will affect the outcome of the product;
- Motivate, coach and give feedback to team members;
- Account for systems reliability, scalability, SLAs and SLOs;
- Manage technical debts and engineering backlog;
- Constantly strive to improve the overall technical quality of your team’s work.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience in managing or technically leading a software engineering team;
- Solid experience in Software Architecture and with System Integration;
- Experience with SQL technologies such as PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- Experience in working in a collaborative environment of teams of engineers, product managers and designers;
- Experience with microservices and high volume distributed systems;
- Experience in Agile ecosystems;
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving;
- Excellent teamwork, communication and project management skills;
- Must be proactive, have the ability to think outside the box and a hands-on profile to fit with our startup culture;
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + extra day off on the month of your birthday + 1 day off for each anniversary of the year worked.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.