As an all-in-one provider of payroll, benefits, and HR, we want to make it easy for any business to be an amazing workplace. As a design team, we craft simple, delightful product experiences that help over 60,000 small businesses make this a reality.
Gusto is looking for someone passionate about product design to join our team in San Francisco. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Gusto product and be involved in the entire product development process, from early research and visioning to tweaking pixels up to launch.
If you are a strategic customer advocate who naturally puts yourself in the shoes of customers and thinks deeply about how to improve their experience, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our users
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design solutions
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 6+ years experience in product design
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Experience designing and shipping products that customers love
- Demonstrated experience with the full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design
- A web portfolio featuring examples of your interaction design work
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Bonus points if you:
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.