Help Journey is responsible for creating and driving Gusto’s help experience strategy and we are looking for a visionary engineering leader to join! This leader will empower the engineering team behind this robust and intuitive customer service platforms that enables our customer service teams to provide exceptional services in this complex domain.
Exceptional customer service is one of Gusto’s key strategic differentiators and critical for growth. In this role, you will get to partner with numerous stakeholders across the organization to build a world class in-app help experience to make complex jobs for our customers seem extremely simple.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hire, lead and grow a team of diverse engineering talent
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to lead and own complex technical projects from initial planning, execution, to final delivery
- Work closely with Leadership to help set priorities for both short term and long term roadmaps
- Build and foster an inclusive, collaborative and high performance culture
- Drive innovation and build products that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on programming experience
- 2+ years engineering management experience
- Experience in empowering and nurturing technical teams and engineers
- Experience in managing and resolving complex product development issues -- we use Rails & React, but you don’t have to know them
- Experience in leading large scope cross-functional projects and drive business growth
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000-$200,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $200,000-$240,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.