Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role & Team:
In an effort to better serve the many businesses and customers that make up Gusto’s business, we’re looking for Senior Growth Designers who have a track record of driving stellar results and whose values align with our user-centric growth philosophy. These roles span across our new customer acquisition and product engagement journeys, and serve the many different types of businesses that use Gusto.
Our Acquisition team focuses on the top of funnel user acquisition experience from landing on Gusto.com through running first payroll, and the Expansion team focuses on driving greater awareness of our product offerings by connecting users with the value that Gusto provides.
On the Growth Team at Gusto, we believe that long-term sustainable growth is achieved through connecting customers with value while building and maintaining a high degree of trust. Growth teams at Gusto understand that trust is the key to long-term growth, and to achieve this, we must approach the practice of Growth through a genuine, people-first lens. We deeply understand the needs of our customers, and are able to translate that understanding into intentional product experiences.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understanding and optimizing funnels and growth loops to address user pain points around awareness, onboarding, value realization and habit forming moments.
- Deeply understand the various customers that Gusto serves and design personalized user journeys tailored to their needs (user personas)
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into hypotheses and informed design decisions
- Define and sequence a hypothesis-driven A/B testing program as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Lean into service design techniques to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales to develop priorities and drive toward key KPIs
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in full stack design, demonstrating strong UI/UX craft
- Experience working on end-to-end user journeys, designing for multiple personas and varying user needs
- Strong growth mindset, comfortable with unknowns with a bias toward action and learning from failures
- Demonstrates expertise leveraging quantitative and qualitative methods, including hypothesis-driven design, A/B testing, and user research, to develop a deep understanding of user behavior
- Ability to work at different altitudes; strategic visualizations in support of long-term design goals to detailed user flows and design specs
- Strong expertise product thinking, interaction and customer empathy
- Strong analytical skills, data-informed thinking, and focus on the business impact of the designs you ship
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and advocator
- Service design experience and/or understanding of how use service design techniques to maximize cross-functional customer and business impact
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $130,000/yr - $170,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $170,000/yr - $215,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.