Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We have ambitious goals to empower large customers with distributed workforces, and we’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to join us! Our engineering teams work collaboratively to own projects from end to end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, designing integrations with external partners, writing frontend code, and using customer feedback and metrics to iterate on improvements to deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software that can meaningfully impact people's lives in our modern economy, join us! Please note that employment and SGK will be supported through our Partner PEO in Turkey.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Gusto’s product suite
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product codebase
- Share your expertise and unique brand of ownership to grow together with the team around you.
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Passion for creating memorable and impactful customer experiences and for coaching teammates to do the same
- Comfort modeling complex problems and systems in a way that balances uncertainty with product delivery
- Expertise using modern development frameworks in a collaborative, test-driven environment -- we use Rails, React, Typescript, and GraphQL, but you don’t have to know them
- Experience combining wireframes/mockups and personal product insights into well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Empathy for both customers and coworkers, and a desire to empower a better life for all
Learn more about the team:
Please note that employment, taxes, and SGK will be supported through our Partner PEO in Turkey.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.