Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto acquired Ardius in 2021 to help small and medium sized businesses and their accountants access tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax credits that they’ve earned. Every year, around $50 billion from the government is available to small- and medium-sized businesses through the R&D tax credit. But many business owners don’t know about it or don’t realize they’re eligible, which means they are missing out on vital free capital to invest and grow their businesses.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- GTM Strategy and Execution: Develop and lead our overall marketing strategy–– focused on conceptualizing, prioritizing, and activating campaigns that generate qualified leads and grow the sales pipeline and marketing’s ARR contribution. Work with Analytics to define Marketing contribution and set targets for website traffic, marketing qualified leads, and pipeline.
- Content Marketing: Build out educational content for our customers (blog posts, social media, webinars, product landing pages, etc) to educate our customers on Gusto R&D tax credits. Continually analyze the effectiveness of all demand-generating marketing channels to determine which efforts to scale or adjust.
- Lifecycle Marketing: Develop tactics targeting various customer personas (SMBs and Accountants) to accelerate conversion of prospects into sales. Give strategic guidance to Marketing, Growth and Customer Success teams to strengthen our nurturing programs.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of two marketers (and indirectly managing one dedicated product marketing manager), cultivating a data-driven mindset and culture of experimentation and continuous improvement.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 8-10+ years B2B marketing experience; including 2-3+ people management experience
- SaaS industry experience, ideally with an understanding of the evolving digital marketing landscape
- Proven track record for developing B2B growth marketing strategies that deliver tangible business results at scale. Self-service marketing experience is a plus.
- Strong exec presence; ability to work with the executive team as well as to partner with Sales, Customer Success and Growth leadership.
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality––a mix of large company (operating at scale) and small company (scrappy execution) experiences
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past fast-growth startup experience.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $130,000 -161,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $161,000 - 190,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.