Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The mission of our team is to build a category-defining brand and have a meaningful impact on Gusto’s business by shipping world-class creative.
Your role will be to thoughtfully design and execute a variety of creative projects; from art directing motion graphics and video to designing interactive web experiences. This is a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with design and marketing leaders, product teams, and the rest of the Brand Studio team to ship effective marketing projects and campaigns. We’re looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design and lead a broad spectrum of design projects and marketing campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with designers, writers, photographers, motion graphics designers, web developers, product marketers and beyond to ideate and execute world-class creative
- Represent the design team to internal stakeholders, and provide input that will help shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Gusto brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 2- 6 years of design experience at an agency, studio or in-house
Special Skills / Other Requirements:
- Experience working on brand design initiatives from concept to execution
- Understanding of web design best practices and experience designing responsive web pages.
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma etc.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Passionate about visual design and art direction
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with video production/art direction
- Experience with art directing photo shoots
- Experience with motion graphics
- Experience with prototyping tools
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $106,000 - $132,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $130,000 - $160,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.