Gusto is the People Platform. We help small businesses with Payroll, Benefits, and HR through a combination of in-house services and strategic partnerships with best-of-breed industry players. We are looking for an Implementation Manager within our Embedded Payroll Segment within Gusto, where we help our Partners use our APIs to build their own Payroll Product.
As an Senior Implementation Manager, you will be responsible for driving the coordination, project management, and deployments of our strategic embedded payroll partners. You will be coordinating across all departments internally and externally including Product, Engineering, Design, Operations, Partnerships, Finance, and Legal. You will work very closely with leadership to identify and anticipate the risk, opportunities, and key gaps to make our partners successful. Your goal is to provide a white-glove experience, manage scope across all teams and ensure our Platform deployments are moving forward and on time.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee the planning, tracking, and completion of Platform deployments with partners, including managing the overall partner engagement schedule and resourcing needs
- Build deployment plans closely with internal product and engineering leadership
- Lead the planning and onboarding process for partners and work with internal and external stakeholders on trainings and customer education
- Drive, monitor, and track partner and internal progress against key milestones to ensure all requirements are being met
- Identify and triage key project risks and work with internal teams to mitigate and resolve them
- Communicate, influence, and update leadership on deployment progress and key insights
- Write the playbooks for systems and processes to scale future partners
- Help build a team of implementation managers from the ground up
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5 or more years experience in technical implementation management working with strategic accounts (or related field)
- Experience working with enterprise SaaS products, bonus if you’re worked on API-first or developer products
- Experience working at startups where you’ve build playbooks from scratch and scaled systems & processes
- Strong project management skills (organized, flexible, and can juggle multiple projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment)
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an org -- internally and externally - executive to individual engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence decision making. Customer empathy is a must.
- Problem solver with strong product sense -- able to prioritize customer needs, dig into pain points, problem solve with customers, and clearly communicate product needs to product and engineering teams
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted between $99,000-$122,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $119,000-$147,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.