Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll every month for small businesses and their employees. Our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and more. Our business is largely built on trust, as a result protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage and support server and infra technologies in the datacenter and cloud
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements
- Work with the team to shift off our on-premise server environment to AWS
- Build highly-available, scalable solutions in AWS
- Troubleshoot and forecast issues before they occur
- Automate and script operations where appropriate
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in a similar SRE / Infrastructure role
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Ability to script (or code ideally) with Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, C, C++ or Java
- Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Familiar with DevOps environments / Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (Azure DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.