Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are looking for an experienced team member as part of RemoteTeam’s and Gusto’s Product Partnership Team, you will be shaping the team’s charter over the coming years. The team works directly with senior leadership to understand the competitive landscape and make critical decisions about building, buying, or partnering when we expand our product suite with our team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Market research to identify and evaluate new partners, opportunities or integrations for Gusto by following market trends and identifying opportunities
- Identify new strategic partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives to help accelerate Gusto’s roadmap
- Build business cases to help Gusto navigate decisions around building, buying, or partnering when entering a new product area.
- Inform and influence our product roadmap based on your deep understanding of Gusto’s products, the market landscape and the needs of our partners.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership across the company including Product Management and Engineering to launch new products for Gusto and our customers.
- Implement and launch new strategic partnerships
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, business development, and corporate development, partnership building, project management.
- Proven track record of building and launching strategic partnerships
- Qualitative and quantitative abilities are required to build business cases that clearly articulate value to the partner, Gusto, and our customers
- Ability to lead cross-functional processes and see deals from start to launch
- Strong internal and external communication abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and lots of ambiguity
- Experience with deep API integrations, app ecosystems, first and third-party partner integrations, and experience negotiating complex, technical contracts
Please note that employment, taxes, and SGK will be supported through our Partner PEO in Turkey.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.