Gusto is looking for experienced engineers to join the Fintech team focused on Payments and Risk products.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
This team empowers the secure and safe money transmission in 100+ countries over 50+ currencies, prevents and mitigates fraud activities on the platform. You’ll lead and grow a team of talented engineers and work with 15+ leading payments and risk service providers in Backend-Rails and Frontend-React architectures, and core to our asynchronous application processing, background jobs, and events. Our team is expanding with fantastic talent from Turkey; if you are open to growth and have a work permit or citizenship in Turkey, and this sounds like you, join us! Please note that employment and SGK will be supported through our Partner PEO in Turkey.
We’re hiring engineers to join teams and work on customer-facing products, developing features and iterating across our platform to help define the customer financial journey at Gusto. Our main goal in the teams is to strengthen our customers' financial wellness and to deliver a consistently great experience across all of our products.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to lead and grow projects from end to end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, writing frontend code, and overseeing ongoing improvements for deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build products that mitigate financial risk, prevent fraud and globalize faster payments transactions safely and securely.
- Own what you build end to end as you architect, implement, review, test, and iterate Gusto’s Fintech product suite.
- Design highly scalable systems that drive the business growth to move billions of dollars safely.
- Build the platform to enable fraud signal collection and anomaly detection for fraudulent activities on Gusto.
- Drive the processor agnostic 3rd party API integration to provide new payment features and enrich payments methods, including but not limited to ACH, international payments, credit card, vendor payments, real-time payments with redundancy backup.
- Partner with product, data, finance, compliance and operations to audit financial reconciliation and debt recovery to provide complete financial bookkeeping.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience.
- Passionate about scaling the Fintech system that processes billions of dollars.
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with high autonomy and minimal guidance.
- Enjoy working on SaaS technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, CI/CD, and AWS, etc on the cloud.
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain scalable systems, service-oriented applications, and more.
- Payments and/or risk experience are a plus, but not required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.