We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our New Segments team to help scale Gusto to support mid-sized businesses as they grow by making complicated payroll and HR tasks surprisingly easy.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You’ll be part of a team leading the pursuit of our critical, new customer segment (mid-sized and growing businesses) for Gusto. Mid-sized businesses face constant change as they grow, and Gusto aims to support them through their growth by making critical tasks like paying employees simple and enabling them to create a great place to work. You will identify opportunities to support these employers through their growth and make complicated payroll and HR tasks surprisingly easy.
When you join, you’ll hit the ground running with a dedicated and growing team of Design, Engineering, and Data Science partners.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with engineering, design, data science and other cross-functional partners to drive the roadmap on how to support small and mid-sized businesses as they grow
- Identify emerging technology and industry trends, build business cases, and define vision, strategy around supporting mid-sized, growing businesses with their payroll and HR needs
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs
- Define, understand, and improve key product and business metrics. You’re excited about the business impact of your work, and can work collaboratively with key stakeholders from go-to-market to customer service teams
- Deeply understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and businesses, end to end
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of hands-on product management experience
- Experience driving growth of product from launch phase to scaled adoption including
- Strong product discovery and research skills
- Ability to set a strategy and translate to a roadmap with end-to-end execution
- Proven track record of building products customers love and taking them from launch to scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to
- Paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior leaders by articulating and building business models and supporting roadmap
- Articulate customer pain points
- An owner’s mindset - entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $132,000/yr to $184,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $165,000/yr to $223,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.