Identity and Access Management leads the way for managing our customers’ employees’ access and security. You will make an immediate impact building and developing new software solutions on this team!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Own what you architect, build, test and refine login and access flows at Gusto.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to authentication, MFA, authorization parts of our code base.
- Build models that mitigate Identity risk, prevent fraud and enable right access to the right resources to the right entities with minimum friction and maximum security.
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily.
- Focus on real time and batched metrics for operational alerts and business insights. Make data driven decisions.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience.
- Passionate about friction-less but secured Identity and Access Management even without domain experience.
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production-ready code with high autonomy and minimal guidance.
- Enjoy working on SaaS technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, CI/CD and AWS (or similar).
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain scalable systems, service oriented applications, and appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment.
- Knowledge in Identity and authentication and authorization protocols and permissions models is a plus.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $136,000-$187,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $170,000-$234,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.