Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We're looking for a strategic, growth-oriented Revenue lead to accelerate the adoption and growth of Gusto by our Core Audience. Core customers are small businesses who put their people first but are currently or intend to remain relatively small and independent. They work directly with Gusto, and can come from any industry and any walk of life. . You will captain our joint efforts to codify and optimize our playbook for acquiring, retaining, and growing our base of happy Core Gustomers. As part of these efforts, you’ll serve as the voice of Revenue in working with our cross-functional partners to help prioritize our product roadmap for revenue generating capabilities across Acquisition, Retention, and Expansion, and work closely with our GTM teams to experiment and test different Product, Sales & Marketing tactics (e.g. promotion/coupon capabilities, targeting, etc.) that will attract small business owners from around the United States.
Our opportunity is aligned to our customers’ interests. As they thrive and grow, we provide them more value. You'll focus on key aspects of a small businesses’ lifetime when Gusto’s uniquely positioned to help these small businesses to survive and thrive. Working closely with our Employer EPD, Data Science, and Revenue teams, you’ll build a strong holistic understanding of our Gustomer’s experience with Gusto, and develop specific insights and initiatives related to acquisition, retention, and growth.
You’ll partner with senior executives to identify opportunities to provide further value throughout a Gustomer’s lifetime. You’ll use your existing knowledge of self-serve SaaS, revenue funnels, and Gusto’s customers to uncover existing inefficiencies in our current systems, and decisively build paths forward so that Gustomers can see and experience the full value of Gusto’s offerings.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Strategy and Planning: Work with Revenue and Core Employer teams to develop and execute a revenue plan that surpasses monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets.
- Own Holistic Optimization: Work with Data Science and Revenue Operations to identify key points of leverage and accelerate Core business results.
- Drive Daily Results: Work closely with our Revenue teams to uncover key pieces of data and insights (from quantitative and qualitative sources) that can help us optimize our approach, process, and/or offering to better match prospect’s needs and intent.
- Build and Lead the Practice: Engage with leaders inside and outside the business to build an understanding of best practices and what’s working throughout various industries so they can be tested and incorporated within Gusto’s own practices.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 8+ year track record of success driving top-line growth via a variety of initiatives and teams
- Mastery of influence with or without authority, led by data -- a cross-functional champ
- Comfort reporting up, out, across to any level
- Decisiveness and proactive communication
- Detail orientation (program management a plus)
- Prior experience working across online sales and marketing to drive revenue goals
- Strategic thinking combined with a “roll up the sleeves” doer attitude
- Experience in new and emerging business (0 - 100 EEs) is a plus
- Experience with HR and/or FinTech is a plus
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $164,000-$207,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $193,000-$244,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.