Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. We provide a modern, online people platform that helps businesses and accounting professionals onboard, pay, insure, and take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools and an increasing array of financial benefits. Gusto has home-bases in Denver, San Francisco, and New York and we serve more than 200,000 small and medium businesses, over 10,000 accounting professionals, and 1 million members nationwide.
Gusto is building a sales leadership team of innovators and goal smashers who come to learn and to serve our customers and our Gusto employees. We are pioneering an entirely different approach to selling. One where we nurture raving fans of small and medium business owners and the accountants who advise them. We do this by helping these customers solve complex people challenges with Gusto solutions. Our leaders are passionate about building the playbook and leaving a legacy and driving - always - for learning, iterating, and scaling with science, art and heart. They are thinking months / quarters/ years ahead, not just hitting monthly targets.
Our sales leaders are true empowerers of representative and inclusive teams - they will bring together teams that represent the diversity of customers we serve and help those individuals develop, grow, and pioneer a new sales model. They are in it for others and they have fans of previous team members saying - “I am better b/c I was empowered by this leader.”
Here’s what you’ll do:
We’re looking for an exceptional hands-on sales leader that is ready to take on the challenge of maximizing growth, productivity, and the depth of partnerships with Gusto’s current and growing base of accountant partners. In this role, you will lead a team of Account Manager leaders and sellers who are empowering accountant partners to do their best work for their clients and in their firms. In this role, you will.
- Drive the Business:
- You will continue accelerating growth rates, while also building a scalable acquisition engine for long-term
- Grow the number of new accountant clients using the Gusto people platform and meet monthly revenue goals with accountant partner needs at the forefront
- Set and achieve ambitious goals by focusing on process improvements that will shorten sales cycles and make closing new deals more efficient (and when you hit your ambitious goals - beat and stretch the next set of goals)
- Accurately forecast pipelines and refine (and rethink) scalable and repeatable sales processes and procedures with the leaders you empower
- Maintain and improve alignment across cross-functional teams (product, marketing, finance, CX, etc.) for a unified strategy that supports the accountant’s journey optimization
- Contribute to product priorities and marketing campaigns through feedback loops
- Work with supporting teams (data, business ops, business technology, recruiting, etc) to build infrastructure for a growing team and accountant base
- Build a Representative and Inclusive Team
- Hire, develop and manage a growing, high-performing sales team with an exceptional team culture defined by high standards, deep care, and psychological safety
- Celebrate and encourage us to think creatively about how to reward progress, not perfection, and winning/growing/learning/getting better as a team.
- We’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Model Self Awareness and Gusto Values
- Understand the strengths, motivations, and opportunities of those you empower
- Maintain a desire to learn, grow professionally and personally, and accept new, ambiguous challenges as we scale
- Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally to ensure you can serve others
- Communicate for Impact
- At the pace we move, sharing communications that are radically candid, clear and crisp in audiences of all sizes is imperative.
- Present information and strategies in a way that facilitates understanding and influences others to make decisions to take action
Here's what we are looking for
- 8+ years overall experience with 5+ years leading sales teams
- Experience building and managing high performance teams across multiple types of sales
- High energy, high integrity. Able to motivate and inspire with a track record of building high-performance team cultures
- Proven ability to build a pipeline and achieve revenue targets in a predictable way
- Strong relationship builder, skilled at leading and aligning large cross-functional teams to drive scale, including marketing and product
- Excellent at using data to solve problems and drive decision making
- Passion for achieving impact and results that is driven by an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong social selling and persuasion skills with a strong sales process discipline
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal)
- Passionate about Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $160,000 OTE to $187,000 OTE in Denver and most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.