Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll every month for small businesses and their employees. Our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and more. Our business is largely built on trust, as a result protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
Gusto is looking for a network engineer to help operate Gusto’s corporate networks. You will be focusing on our day to day operations, partnering closely with our security team, and building out new office spaces. This role will have a heavy emphasis on creating delightful user experiences through the technology we provide to keep Gusties productive.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Put on your operations hat - be ready to dig in with the support team for troubleshooting and make sure we meet our patch cycles
- Excel in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, and reprioritize as needed
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Deploy new network and tooling focusing on route/switch
- Manage vendor relationships and drive deadlines
- NMS configuration, validation, and operation
- Partner with security to triage security events, assist with compliance audits, and carry out security/compliance remediations
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation and work non-standard hours during network changes
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years in a network support role
- Comfortable with routing and switching
- Protocol knowledge in one or more of the following - e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Experience in network configuration with one of the following vendors - Arista, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks
- Capable of diagnosing and resolving problems in Layers 1-3
- Ability to lift/move 23kg (50lb) of equipment as required
- Experience writing scripts to carry out operational tasks across multiple devices in Python, Golang, or Bash
- Network Access Control implementation and associated technology (802.1x, radius, etc)
- Experience operating a wireless environment of 1000+ devices
- Experience with source control systems and version control (git, github, gitlab, bitbucket)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $74K - $103K per year in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.