Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy. Gusto evolves from the leading payroll provider for small businesses into the HR platform (payroll, benefits, and HR) of choice for small and medium businesses.
The mid-market mission at Gusto is looking for a Product Manager focused on the buyer experience to drive growth in this critical customer segment. You’ll be setting the product & service vision, strategy, and roadmap. This position will be critical for top-line business goals, and shaping an ideal buyer experience for a new customer segment. You’ll be working closely with leaders across our revenue and marketing to help identify product opportunities, aimed at delivering a delightful experience, and driving new, growing customers.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Obsess about the buyer experience for our most valuable customers.
- Work closely with cross-functional leadership from marketing, sales, success, and finance to deliver against key shared business goals, and define and implement product and service improvements.
- Directly drive top-line revenue by improving the buyer experience.
- Reimagine and deliver service design, aimed at creating exceptional customer experiences, and driving conversion and new revenue.
- Be the domain expert for Gusto on large customer sales. Seamlessly move between diving into the details––analyzing data, building models, getting into technical and design nuances––to strategy planning and presenting your work to senior leadership.
- Tenaciously prioritize the biggest opportunities to drive conversion and new revenue.
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Customer obsessed. You’re passionate about not only hitting business goals, but intimately knowing our customers and creating the best experiences to meet their needs. You know that the key to business growth is through happy customers.
- Data and hypothesis driven, business-minded. You know how to expertly leverage qualitative and quantitative data to develop and execute experiments and A/B tests that are optimized for learning. You can measure the business impact of your work and tie it back to company goals.
- Collaborative execution. You’re a great listener, and naturally bring the team and stakeholders along, yet you don’t hesitate to make hard decisions when needed. You push the pace, and people feel like they do their best work with you.
- Objective learning. You get more excited when you’re wrong than when you’re right. You optimize for learning, and love peeling back the layers. Your favorite questions are “why” and “why not.”
- Systems thinking. You enjoy complex challenges and navigate them deftly. You have a wealth of frameworks and mental models that you rely on to unpack problems and arrive at elegant solutions.
- You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Passion. You love the problems Gusto’s solving for business owners and their employees, and you’re excited to continuously solve them better and better.
- 5+ years of product management experience driving product adoption and business growth. 7+ years work experience. Bonus points for specific SaaS Growth experience.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $154,000/yr to $184,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $187,000/yr to $223,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.