Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Legal & Compliance team is seeking an experienced BSA officer to lead the company’s BSA/AML program. Based in one of our home bases, this individual will contribute to our efforts to ensure our BSA/AML program operates effectively at scale.
In the role you'll work closely with experts at all levels across the company to identify, assess, and report risk information. This position will also be responsible for conducting risk assessments and reporting used by internal stakeholders and Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, demonstrate a strong interest in Gusto as a payroll, benefits and financial services provider, and be adept at managing complex projects.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here's what you'll do day to day:
- Perform BSA / AML risk assessments to identify areas of high risk and develop internal controls and processes to mitigate associated risks
- Lead transaction monitoring program
- Lead AML compliance reviews with 3rd party partners and spearhead BSA/AML external audits
- Review and revise BSA / AML / KYC and OFAC compliance policies and procedures based on regulatory requirements
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure enforcement of Gusto’s AML policy
- Design and lead BSA/AML training
- Manage and mature the Suspicious Activity Reporting (“SAR”) process and ensure appropriate reporting to FinCen
- Manage the Global Sanctions review process and ensure appropriate reporting to the Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”)
- Assist law enforcement / investigators with subpoena requests
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. 7+ years of experience in compliance operations, anti-money laundering investigations and/or KYC programs.
- Bonus if in FinTech or payments industries.
- People Empowerment. You love building, coaching and mentoring a team of Compliance Operations professionals.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. B.A. required. CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager), CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist), or similar certification preferred.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $85,000 - $125,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $102,000 - $152,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.