Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Join a cross-functional team as the Accounting Partner to our Payments Organization and make pay-day a reality for over 100,000 small businesses nation-wide!
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Participate in building and designing scalable accounting processes to support global growth
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including reviewing journal entries, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews.
- Partner with Internal Product/Engineering teams, Treasury, Tax and Legal to support internal financial systems process improvements and automation. Be an advisor and thought partner to internal teams on the Accounting & Financial Reporting impact of new product developments.
- Use SQL to query large data sets and extract insights that impact Financial Reporting & Close.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- You’re an accountant by trade and also passionate about Fintech and money movement! You’re comfortable in a scrappy, fast-paced environment and feel confident standing up brand new processes.
- You get excited about being a domain expert and enjoy being the “go-to” Accounting contact for cross-functional teams (EPD, Payments Operations, Treasury, etc). You don’t shy away from complex problems and are enthusiastic about establishing best practices across the organization.
- You are very analytical. You can investigate variances, identify trends, and surface errors/anomalies in large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data. Prior experience with SQL preferred (or enthusiasm to learn). You are comfortable picking up new tools and deepening your Excel & SQL skills through self learning and on the job coaching.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated history of taking on various types of challenging projects and producing results
- Ability to work independently and navigate ambiguity. Positive attitude and team-player mindset.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $119,000 - $150,000 in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.