Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We believe in providing people with everything they need to do their best work, and are looking for an experienced Program Manager who can drive key projects across Gusto’s Environment and Buildout teams. You’ll be upholding our project objectives, keeping people on track, managing expectations and not overpromising. You will leverage and work with multiple teams and stakeholders to deliver impactful programs and build outs for our Gusties. You will collect feedback and data on current projects and deliver recommendations for future initiatives. Help us to continue creating fantastic and award winning spaces.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Serve as a strategic partner to our Head of Build Outs
- Innovate and challenge. Look for ways to shake up the way projects are typically delivered to compress schedules and maximize investments
- Act as the point of contact for our consultants and contractors as well as our internal partners & stakeholders
- Provide key updates to leadership team and external audiences as needed
- Program & Project Management Leadership
- Select and direct 3rd party Construction Managers
- Development and manage the project plans
- Develop, manage and track budgets and schedules
- Familiarize yourself with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all scope to be executed and constructed. Review and manage procedures for changes to the contract documents.
- Manage, review and coordinate all aspects of the project, operational needs, project related meetings, procedures, Gusto Standards and Guidelines, sustainability design, QA/QC program requirements.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues. Document the status of the project, meetings, and correspondence as a means to properly communicate within the project team with memos, agendas and updates to the project plan.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in program and/or construction project management.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as business. presentation skills and ability to communicate complex issues.
- Strong analytical/fact based decision-making skills combined with the ability to think innovatively.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization; and experience working with and influencing leaders.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change with composure.
Bonus points for:
- Seat planning, programming, and moves-adds-changes experience
- Experience working with and interpreting data
- Six sigma or other project management certifications
- Knowledge of construction-related processes and related industry practices
- Building systems experience
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $96,000 - $152,000 in Denver, and $116,000 - $179,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.