Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are seeking folks who are passionate about processing small business payrolls and searching for creative ways to de-risk payrolls and investigate potential fraud while delivering a world-class customer experience. As a Risk Operations team member, you will be tasked with limiting potential loss, improving the company's bottom line and be responsible for helping to make Gusto the safest and most secure payroll solution, while enabling growth.
Risk Operations is at the core of our business and our team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. We currently process +$50bn of payroll annually, but with your help, we will process more in a safe and sustainable way. We are a small, close, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Drive key risk metrics with the strategic direction of Gusto’s Risk Operations team by empowering a team of individual contributors.
- Foster a culture of engagement and excitement to allow Gusties to feel empowered to put customers first, drive their own initiatives and develop their careers within the organization.
- Identifying emerging trends and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn drive key risk metrics.
- Planning and facilitating organization-wide improvement to the risk platform.
- Scaling the Risk Operations teams by increasing team efficiency and working cross-functionally with finance, data science, product and engineering teams.
- Helping to build out a data driven method for team and operational success measurements.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Experience. 2+ years of experience in operational work, detection and/or investigation. Experience leading individuals or teams, setting goals and driving results. Bonus if in the banking or payments industry.
- Attitude and Approach. Earns trust and confidence with Gusties and leaders across the company. Influences with skillset and without authority. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive.
- Thought Process. Ability to think strategically, influencing change across the risk organization
- Discipline. Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Background. Minimum Bachelor Degree.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $74,000 - $100,000 in Denver, and $89,000 - $121,000 for New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.