Gusto is seeking a Customer Care leader to join our rapidly scaling, service-minded support operation. Our team is passionate about helping small business owners by acting as their trusted advisors and advocates to provide a world-class customer experience.
This role is part of our Customer Engagement organization. Gusto's Engagement organization is the linchpin of our world-class experience. With their passion, insight, and customer advocacy, the CX team has helped Gusto maintain NPS of 70 while serving over 100,000 customers. We strive to positively influence millions of businesses and hundreds of millions of employees across the county.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
What it's like to Work with Gusto
As a Customer Engagement team leader, you will be an integral part of the Engagement organization, supporting benefits and payroll customers by leading a team with a high level of responsibility and room for growth. The ideal candidate will empower their team to increase customer happiness, coach and mentor team members, and help scale our operation to support millions of members of the next few years.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Lead a Customer Care team of 9-10 passionate individuals with a focus on development and professional growth
- Create an environment of continuous development and improvement through mentoring, coaching, and feedback
- Understand and communicate the company initiatives, OKRs, and metrics used to measure growth and performance in customer support
- Use scalable systems and metrics to monitor and improve the customer experience
- Build a strong culture of collaboration with our product team to prioritize the most impactful product enhancements and reduce inbound inquiries
- Use data to shed light on how we can improve our tools and processes as we scale
- Effectively manage multiple channels, including phone, email, chat, social and more
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2-5 years experience managing a team in customer support, customer service, retail, or similar field
- Strong ability to improve current processes and knowledge base
- Loves creative problem solving to dissolve roadblocks
- Desire to build a customer care organization that people will write books about
- Experience using data to build new processes and improve existing ones
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $66,500 - $117,000 in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.