Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
This is an amazing opportunity to join and support our Employer Segment business in an Administrative Assistant role!
You will bring energy and organization to our scaling team. Employers represent the largest customer segment within our company and we’re excited to bring on a passionate and organized self-starter who can nimbly navigate supporting highly leveraged and operational teams. The Employer Segment Administrative Assistant will support 2-3 leaders within the organization to help unlock valuable time and keep the day-to-day moving like a well-oiled machine. We are looking for someone who can maintain order in calendarization, large-scale meeting logistics/events, community building in a remote environment and project work that will enable our teams to move faster and do their best work. A super star problem solver who is excited to grow in their skills and knowledge of the business while supporting exceptional, service-minded, operational leaders will thrive in this role.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Calendar organization, prioritization, and coordination – examples include planning internal and external meetings, daily schedule details, events (or Zoomsites), and travel arrangements (when appropriate)
- Keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel - develop understanding of leaders’, team and organizational goals and make recommendations for prioritization to achieve those goals
- Organize, attend, and track agenda/action items when requested making sure all interactions result in impeccable communication and commitments
- Ownership/partnership on team budgets and disciplined in submitting and tracking expenses
- Represent leaders and Employer Segment teams needs with cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with the leaders you support to create team-wide email drafts, all-hands deck shells, and off-site materials
- Build community through events, delights, and keeping an ear to the ground to sense where attention may be needed
- Work on special projects as requested by the team which may include research, analysis, and presentation preparation
- Contribute to the ExecOps team for projects, resources, and community; Engage across the Employer Segment and Gusto communities
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Flexible mindset and adaptable to change
- Strong scheduling and coordination skills
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Knowledgeable about organizing team events and delights
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $77,000 to 92,000/ year in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.